Monday, October 22, 2012

Time Well Spent

Three deeply felt learning’s I got from this program are:

  1. Build positive relationship with the children and their families. 
  2. Children, families, and the community look upon early childhood teachers as leaders.  Some qualities of a good leader: committed, respectful, trust-worthy, resourceful, reliable, influential, listens effectively, and communicates well with others.
  3. Create you an ideal community of practice that share your interest in order to achieve better result of what it is you want to accomplish as an early childhood professional.

A long-term goal I have is to not only make a difference in the lives of children but also in the lives of parents that allow bias behavior to control their emotions.  I hope that with my teaching of anti-bias education they will start to respect others for who they are as well.

I would like to thank my colleagues for all of their helpful information provided to me during this course.  It has been a joy having all of you as classmates and I wish you all the success.  I hope that you accomplish all of the goals you have set.  My email address is: amjones_12@hotmail.com.   Good luck and best wishes!

To Dr. Davis, thank you for your knowledge and wisdom that you have shared with each of us.  I hope that I can one day be a great teacher such as you.  Thank you for being committed to our learning and providing us with what we will need to become great educators.  Keep doing what you do!

Couple of my favorite quotes:

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but it you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.
                                                           Clay P. Bedford

Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.
                                                           Chinese proverb

Best wishes everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. Allison,
    I enjoyed reading your quotes. They are great quotes to live by! I wish you luck in your future, and hope you can make a change in the biases that exist in the world today!
    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison,

    As usual you shared some excellent points. I really wish you all the best in the future. Believe it or not I am going to miss reading your discussion and blogs weekly.

    God Bless
    Kvonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison,

    I wasn't in your blog group this semester but I did want to comment on your blog and say congrats! You are one of the few who I first started with on this journey and we actually have made it (hopefully). It's amazing what a little faith and a lot of praying will get you! Thank you for all your encouragement and all the answers you have provided me throughout our journey. I have learned so much from you and good luck on your endeavors. I believe you will reach them and more.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Allison,
    Thank you for your encouraging words this has been a journey and we have made it through. Good luck and may all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allison,
    It was a great pleasure being in the same class with you. Thank you so much and I wish you all the very best and may you accomplish all you hope to.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison:

    Congratulations and good luck with your future.

    LouAnn Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allison,

    I have enjoyed reading and sharing early childhood social injustices with you. Because I know you are in the state of Georgia I always felt a connection. I wish you the best of luck in making a difference for our children and their families.

    ReplyDelete