Friday, June 24, 2011

When I Think of Child Development.....

Quotes about childhood development that captures the essence of how I think about child development:

All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.        
     Albert Einstein


Nature knows no pause in progress and development, and attaches her curse on all inaction.
     Johana Wolfgang von Goethe


All growth depends upon activity.  There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.
     Calvin Coolidge

3 comments:

  1. Allison,
    Thank you for sharing such insightful quotes. Thank you for all the support you have given me. From you're postings and during our discussions you have given me many new perspectives. I wish you much luck! Hope to see you in a future class.
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,
    Very good job in selecting your quotes. It has been a pleasure in reading your material, knowing your thoughts and working right along with you in class. Hope you have continued success!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison,

    I really like that last quote. I totally agree that we must take action and we must work hard. Sometime it is not easy; however, being proactive on things is a great way to achieve what one wants to. I think about how proactive we as educators are in general. We strive to meet the needs of our students and take action to ensure that they are met. It's a good feeling.

    Thank you for your participation during our class together and I hope to see you in another class. I wish you the best.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete