Thursday, March 10, 2011

Favorite Title and Quote


I've always been a firm believer that we all have the ability to learn and achieve whatever goals we desire.  I honestly think that  if you do your best then success will follow.  Sometimes we have make an extra effort but it can be done.  This leads me to my favorite children's book title:  The Little Engine That Could.  It teaches you to have faith and believe in yourself.  We all need encouragement at times and that's what I love about this book.  It teaches children to remove all doubt and to think positively.  Beleve in yourself.

My favorite quote is:  "You cannot teach people anything.  You can only help them to discover."
                                                                     Galileo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allison! Great book choice. I completely forgot about this book myself and after seeing it on your blog, I remembered it used to be one of my favorites as a child. You are right, this is a classic, inspirational book for children to always perservere. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father used to read The Little Engine That Could to my sister and me frequently. I can still here him read, "I think I can, I think I can..." When I am faced with a challenge in life, I repeat to myself, "You can do this". My technique uses the same concept as the book and was probably derived from the book on a subconscious level. It works as well for me as it did for the Little Engine.

    ReplyDelete